Buying a puppy is a life-changing experience - Not unlike bringing home a newborn child.
Who would think of spending happy hours with their newborn during the holidays, then leaving it alone for 10 hours a day when they return to work?
We love our puppies and want to see them join families who will respect and care for them - as long as they live.
Please consider the following if you wish to own a Dreamwood Border Collie.
Dreamwood Border Collies
Terms and Conditions
Purchasing a puppy
- We invite prospective purchasers to express interest in owning a Dreamwood Border Collie puppy.
- We will ask questions to understand the prospective purchaser's wishes and situation.
- We will record the prospective purchaser's details on our waiting list.
- Details will include name, address, phone number and email address.
- We will contact the prospective purchaser if we have a puppy which may suit the purchaser's wishes and situation.
- We will request payment of a deposit only to confirm the bona fides of the prospective purchaser's interest.
- Payment of deposit does not constitute a contract of sale nor acceptance by us of an offer by the prospective purchaser.
- Payment of a deposit confirms acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- We will offer a viewing date and time for the prospective purchaser to view all puppies.
- We request prospective purchasers to observe the one hour viewing period.
- Viewing will not occur before the puppies are 5 weeks old.
- We welcome the opportunity to introduce the puppies' parents if they are living with us.
- At the time of viewing, we will note the prospective purchaser's preferences for particular puppies.
- The selection and allocation of puppies to prospective purchasers will be at our sole discretion. This is not negotiable.
- If the prospective purchaser decides to not buy a puppy after paying a deposit, we will refund the deposit in full by bank transfer.
- If we decide to not sell a puppy to the prospective purchaser for any reason, we will refund any deposit in full by bank transfer.
- We may withdraw a puppy from sale at any time and will refund any monies paid.
- We will vaccinate and administer worming treatment to the puppy as advised by our Vet.
- We will arrange microchipping of the puppy as required by legislation.
- We will register the puppy with Dogs NSW as specified by the Dogs NSW Code of Conduct for Registered Breeders.
- We will place the puppy on 'Limited Register' unless we agree that the successful purchaser may breed or show the puppy.
- We will offer a pickup date and time for the successful purchaser to collect the puppy.
- The puppy will not leave us before the age of eight (8) weeks as specified by Dogs NSW and the Border Collie Club Code of Conduct.
- We will need the balance of payment to be made before the puppy leaves us.
- We will provide a Contract of Sale to the successful purchaser. You can read the Contract here.
- We will provide a 'Log book' for the puppy with diet guidelines, health and grooming information.
- We will explain the contents of the Log Book during the one hour collection period.
- We will tell the successful purchaser their obligation to restrain their puppy while travelling home.
- We will answer any questions or concerns of the successful purchaser.
- We are not a Pet Shop where you walk in and say "I want that one", pay your money and walk out.
Please call Donna on (02) 4576 5711 or 0411 253 386 if you'd like to chat about owning a Dreamwood Border Collie.
Donna is a Registered Breeder with Dogs NSW, Member #2100034524.
Dreamwood Estate is registered with Hawkesbury City Council as an 'Animal boarding or training establishment'.